Aspirations – July 2014
In 2011, I knocked up a list of aspirations for life. These varied from small things like attending the rugby through to long term plans.
Looking forward 3 years, it’s probably about time I updated that list.
Long Term Goals (5 years +)
- Earn enough to afford property, preferably sharing with someone I’m in love with.
- Write that Magnus Opus of mine. A book which will change the world!
- Learn a 2nd Language.
- Visit a few more countries of the world (New Zealand, Australia, Belgium, Hungary and a few others).
- Work out what the hell I’m doing with my life.
Short Term Goals
- Get in better shape, using the gym more regularly.
- Get better at Tag Rugby, with at least one team eventually winning their respective league.
- Referee more Tag Rugby matches, developing the relevant skills.
- Get a new job which I believe in and can/will do well.
- Spend more time working with worthwhile charities.
- Clear that massive pile of books on the far side of the room.
- Rejoin the Liberal Democrats & get back involved with the party.
And for the record, here’s that 2011 List.
- I’m going to learn more about & attend more matches for Harlequins RUFC
- By the time I’m 40, I’m going to be with a woman I love, and I’m going to have children.
- I’m going to write a book which will change the world, and how we look at it.
- In my future, I want to be working in an occupation where I feel I am actually putting something of practical benefit back into the world. Something which will outlive me, and something that is not money based.
- By the age of 35, I’m going to have learnt a foreign language fluently, and I’m going to have a greater understanding of the varieties of wine.
- I’m going to put effort into knowing and understanding more about the passions in my life. Mainly film, music, Philosophy, art, football, and the interests already mentioned.
- One day, I’m going to attend the Cannes Film Festival.
- I’ve read the “Communist Manifesto”. To understand the world better, I’m also going to read “Mein Kampf”, “The Koran”, “The Bible” and “The Wealth Of Nations”.
- On a lighter note, I want to play the perfect game of Pool. I’d like to break, pot every single of my balls, and pot the black, all without my opponent getting a shot.
- I’m going to feel like I’ve done everything I can do in life.Number 10, should never be fulfilled.